I’d been using a very old Hydrawise controller for around 6 years when it suddenly decided to stop connecting to my wifi.
It was one of the original indoor models and it did the job fine, but when Hunter bought Hydrawise they did some work speccing up the controller to make it more user and contractor friendly.
By comparison with the old controller the new controllers have:
1. A designated master valve terminal
2. Larger and more accessible terminals making installing easier.
3. A sturdier outdoor casing.
4. An easier to read display
5. A stronger wifi connection.
All of these are significant improvements on the original model and as a result when I had the choice of any controller I chose to stay with the Hydrawise.
The app works really well and once installed the controller itself is pretty much set and forget.